September is Hunger Action Month
This September, join Feeding South Dakota to help raise awareness of the issue of hunger in our state.
Get involved in Hunger Action Month Events:
- Go Orange for Hunger: Thursday, September 3rd
- Light the Falls: Thursday, September 3rd
- DTSF’s First Friday Block Party: Friday, September 4th
- Coloring Contest: We have 2 coloring pages available, one for K - 2nd graders and another for 3rd - 5th graders.
- Hunger Action Month in Main Street Square: September 19th
- Rapid City Pumpkin Festival: Saturday, September 26th
- Help us celebrate our 40th Anniversary!
Winners of our coloring contest during Hunger Action Month!
Raise Awareness about the issue of hunger:
The Facts about hunger:
Sixteen million children in America struggle with hunger and in South Dakota, 1 in 5 children are food insecure.
An estimated 49 million Americans are food insecure and in South Dakota, 1 out of every 8 individuals is food insecure.
Three counties in South Dakota are the poorest in the United States. A total of four South Dakota counties are in the top ten United State counties with the highest poverty rates.
Join the Spoontember™ movement on our Social Media pages:
Join the Thunderclap before September 3rd: