Share Lunch Fight Hunger
Join Feeding South Dakota with Share Lunch to Fight Hunger June 13 - June 17!
Over 21,000 individuals receive food and assistance through Feeding South Dakota each week. With three locations across the state - in Rapid City, Pierre, and Sioux Falls - we reach every county in South Dakota. When it comes to basic needs, people in our state are making tough choices every day. Some days that decision means a grocery trip must be skipped, or cut down to almost nothing. That is why we are here, to eliminate hunger in South Dakota.
In the last year:
- 28,815 families were helped through our Food Pantry Program
- 459,791 meals were provided through our Mobile Pantry Program
- 2,857 senior citizens received a box of nutritious food each month
- 5,393 children were provided with a weekend package of food each weekend
- 350 non-profits across the state partnered with Feeding South Dakota to provide food to those in need regardless of where they live
All of this means that over 10.2 million meals were provided to food insecure individuals in South Dakota in the past year.
It's simple, donate the cost of a lunch out one day between June 13th through June 17th. Through our Food Pantry Programs, 5 meals will be provided for every $1 donated to Feeding South Dakota.
Will you share a lunch with someone in need?